Monday, April 6, 2015

EASTER!
HE IS RISEN!

It was a perfect weekend for Easter and General Conference to be together.  Instead of just one or two Christ centered talks at church, we had a total of 8 hours (4 sessions/2hrs each) over Saturday and Sunday.
So many opportunities to learn and ponder the gospel of Jesus Christ and realize the miracle of the resurrection.  Because HE lives, we will live forever, embraced by his love and forgiveness, as we repent.

The wonder of technology that is that it allows so many to hear the conference talks in their native language.  We can even sing together all over the world.  It is a truly wonderful feeling to feel the spirit in our home as we watch and listen to each talk.  We watch as new people are called to serve and notice when some of our older brethren become frail.  They don't waiver in their testimony of the Savior and his plan for us.  They seem to be emboldened to speak out as they age.  Wisdom does not automatically come with age but for these men and women, called of Heavenly Father, they have much wisdom and bring so much to conversation.  I look forward to the ENSIGN coming next month so that I can savor each talk again in written form.  My highlighter will likely run dry before I finish marking my favorite passages.

Certainly I have my favorite talks from each session and I look forward to some specific speakers but I am never disappointed no matter who is speaking.  Heavenly Father has inspired each one with his/her topic and what message HE wants conveyed to us.

It is a miracle of the spoken word and the Music.  The hymns really set a lovely and inspired tone for each session.

Thoughts from the Talks:
"God cares a lot more about who we are, and who we are becoming, than about who we once were."  Dale             G. Renlund
Tribulations often enrich, refine, and guide us to a deeper understanding of the purpose of our existence.                    Jose A. Teilxeria

Elder Neil L. Andersen posed this question that we can asked ourselves:  Can you see the hand of God in your own life?   I will definitely ponder this because I know the hand of God has played an important part in my life.


No comments: