Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Procrastinator - that's me

March 24, 2015

Goodness gracious!!! It has been two years since I blogged.  I am embarrassed to say I could not find my password to get on my own blog - now that's pathetic!

It is almost Easter!  The Dogwoods and Japanese Magnolias are blooming and everyone is sneezing so it must be SPRING!   The weather is beautiful - cool and sunny.

Aaron called to day it is time to mow the grass.  I would prefer that he vacuum first.  I think grass is growing in the area rug. No one seems to know how to wipe their shoes on the rug at the door.

Note the photo of "orange M&M man from 2013".  If you come into our family room today, he looks somewhat the same but I have given him more Spring / Easter decorations.  I just love our "orange man".  He was especially handsome on St. Patrick's Day.  It has been such fun to find creative ways to dress him up.

Lots has happened in the last 2 years but I don't think I will play catch up..... at least not today.  

Looking forward to a wedding/reception this weekend at the Lilburn Ward building on Saturday.  We haven't met the groom yet but know that Krista will pick the best of the best.  She is a wonderful young woman.  I might even have photos next week.  

Scouting has a fun weekend planned for the guys - Jim and Noah will be having tons of fun.  Two troops will be participating from our area.  Jim had two clever ideas for competitions.  The theme this weekend is about the Trail West.  So the Ward/church theme will be pioneers and handcart races and the other troop will have to compete by sawing with a really LONG hand saw and fixing a wagon wheel.  Sounds like fun and I  hope and pray for a sunny weekend for every one.    I will think of them sweating in the Spring sun while I eat Wedding cake and other delicious delights at the reception.  Well, someone has to do it.

Sometimes I wonder about my reading habits.  I have down loaded some books to my Kindle Fire and I have already gotten well into those but I also have two other books - real books - that I am reading, too.  American Sniper 1/2 way through and Charles Krauthammer.  I have a small stack of books from Christmas gifts and birthday gifts and I really need to step up my reading.  It is such wonderful to escape in a book.  A.A. McQueen has a bunch of books I have read and one I am reading now The Long Flight Home.  The author is the husband of one of my good friends.  I can really connect with his writing.  WOW

Why do I even want to blog?  Interesting question I am not sure I can honestly answer. Is it vanity?  Is it a journal of sorts?  Both answers are probably correct.  I have 3 new journals that were given to me so I can write lots in them PLUS I have a Prayer Journal for all the people in my life that need prayers.  I also have a Spiritual Journal in my bag I take to church each Sunday to make comments on how I am feeling, what I am learning, and all the good blessings that come to me from attending my ward meetings.  They are more than meetings - they are connections with people who share the love of the gospel.  In other ways, we are very different but we learn so much from each other.  I would feel empty if I didn't fill my vessel with what the Holy Ghost gives me on Sunday.
Well, I hope it isn't 2 more years before I blog again.
Be kind, be sweet and show love,
Sue

No comments: