Saturday, May 9, 2015

Saturday - the first really hot day of the summer

It was a wonderful Saturday morning breakfast I prepared for Denny but we couldn't join him because we had to fast for our medical visit today.  4 different tests by LIFELINE Scans.  Our internist recommended doing this because it is more cost effective.   The preliminary word is that we passed with flying colors but of course the tests have to be submitted to a doctor for review  and then reported to us.  So, I do hope the result is still good when the final word comes down.  It all took place at the Lutheran Church a few miles from home.  The room was spacious with large windows and it was a lovely sunny day.  One friendly gentleman entered the room and in a large booming voice announced that he wasn't wearing his hearing aids and everyone must speak loudly.  He was a sweet old southern gentleman.  His wife laughed when she talked about how often he would forget his expensive hearing aids.  She wondered sometimes why he even brought them. 

What impressed me most was his eagerness to share the gospel with everyone.   He had a plan as I noted.  One could not help but hear all his conversations since he was talking VERY loudly.  As he moved from medical test to test with a different nurse, he started each conversation with the same question, "Are you from around here?  the nurse would answer with name of her town then he would ask, "Do you go to church there?"  And, the first nurse, answered that "no, I am sorry to say I don't attend church, I work a lot and can't go".  Where upon, he asked if she had accepted Jesus Christ as her personal savior and the nurse answered yes she had.   He was pleased.

It became apparent when he asked the same question to the next 3 nurses that they knew the answer to the question was that they had a church they attended near their home.  He sat next to me when we got our bone density tests and he was a very nice man and he greeted me with his signature question and I was READY.  I answered that I am local and I attend church.  Yes, I admit everyone snickered when his voice boomed across the room from behind the partitions but really, I was so impressed that without any hesitation he is willing to be a disciple of Christ to everyone he meets.  We could learn a lot from followers with that kind zeal. 

As my dear mother would say, "Be Sweet"  and Happy Mother's Day. 

No comments: