Tuesday, January 31, 2012

snacking late at night and thinking about stuff

Well, its 10:30pm and I am eating Mayfield Moose Tracks ice cream, watching a marathon showing of THE BIG BANG THEORY.  Love that show.
 
I need to work on what I am going to speak about on Sunday.  Two weeks ago I spoke in church during sacrament and I worked on that talk for 2 weeks. After a LOT of prayer that turned out good.  I quoted the lyrics to one of my favorite Christian song by Brandon Heath Give me your Eyes.  It really summed up what I was trying to convey in my talk - if we could just see each other as Jesus sees us for even just a second we would have more compassion  for each other.

Now the talk on Sunday is to the Young Women group (aged 13 to 17).  I can sort of pick my own subject from my life experiences that show how Heavenly Father has helped me during my life.  It is hard to choose whether to talk about Denny's autism and how that has defined much of my life or the special events surrounding how I met Jim (anyone can see the Lord's hand in that very unusual meeting) or since it is the young women I might tell them about how Victoria has always been so special in her tenderhearted way and her experiences when she was their age.  Too many things to choose from.  I don't want to put them to sleep.  There will be others.  I am one of 4 ladies, all of different ages who have been asked to speak.  Since I know most of the young ladies, it should be good whatever I choose.

On another subject, Noah and I saw the movie THE ADVENTURES OF TIN TIN.  It was delightful.  It was sort of a "Hardy Boys meets Indiana Jones" movie.  We were unfamiliar with the books the movie was based on but they must be really good children's books.  My friend Gary told me when he was growing up in Great Britain he read all the books and that they are very popular there and in Europe. 

On yet another subject, a reporter from The Tucker Times was here tonight to interview me for an article about my visits to the Elementary school with the bagpipes every year on St. Patrick's Day.  It is scheduled for the March issue.  The reporter is going to use a photo Victoria took.  Victoria calls it my "15 minutes of fame".   Hey, I might get some gigs from this.  Ha Ha

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm sure whatever you choose to speak about will be great!! I don't think I've ever heard the story of how you and Uncle Jim met. Now you have ME intrigued!!! :-)

You'll have to let us know if there's an online version of your newspaper article. I'd love to see it!!

Love ya!!

Peggie said...

I must agree with Katie, whatever you decide to speak about, you will be entertaining and informative, as you always are!!

I'm not sure the story of how you met Jim is a good lesson in today's society..... Things are not as innocent as they were way back when.... LOL..... Of course, it is a GOOD story.....

You could always share the article you wrote that was in the newspaper.... the one that my mom has hanging in her house. That was a GREAT story telling experience!!

I can't wait to hear what you finally decided on. I wish I could be there to hear. You are a GREAT story teller!!

Love ya!